Systematization of the working tool
Before thinking over the space of a garage or a workshop, it is necessary to make a kind of inventory in order to understand what exactly we will place, and then figure out how. Today, the market has a variety of storage options, moreover, you can come up with a lot of solutions with the help of home life hacks, but the main thing is to decide what and where to place.
All the things that make up the “combat arsenal” of a real man (masters / professionals may have their own categories) can be conditionally divided into several groups. First, depending on the frequency of use:
• in constant use — it can be pliers, screwdrivers, pumps or any other things;
• in rare use;
• which are needed hypothetically (you never know useful).
Secondly, by appointment.
Thirdly, in terms of size:
• small things like bolts, self-tapping screws, drills, taps and other things;
• oversized tools and accessories: screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, etc.;
• large-sized: tires, drills, saws, etc.
It is depending on these factors that you need to arrange tools. For example, essential tools should be kept visible and close to handy and easily accessible. Small tools — store in special boxes or holders with cells. And large-sized tools are on shelves with a large maximum load.
What to choose for storing different tools and parts?
1. We store large-sized tools on metal and mesh shelves:
2. We store pliers, hacksaws, wire on the hooks of a special perforated panel:
3. Wheels for bicycles and tires are placed on special galvanized brackets:
4. Small parts and essential tools in special holders:
5. Other items not intended for permanent use, such as wires — in shelving baskets with a maximum load of up to 30 kg:
Storage of tools with the help of improvised means
Competently supplement the storage system will help improvised tools that can be adapted for storage:
• Clothespins + metal profile = handmade tool holders;
• Containers for storage of foam blocks (remain after the purchase of TVs and other equipment) — it is convenient to place drills in them;
• Use magnets: a large number of metal tools can be placed on the magnetic bar;
• Use glass jars, tin cans, matchboxes, and so on.
General Tips for Workshop Storage
1. Having a good general overview.
2. Visibility of all storage areas — baskets, transparent boxes and cells.
3. The right atmosphere: do not forget that beauty will save the world. There are no pictures — hang posters in a certain style — for example, Soviet.
4. Organize things by size, purpose and frequency of use.
5. Store safely: Keep sharp objects high and at a safe distance. A separate place should be given to flammable materials.
6. Conduct audits: get out everything superfluous, cleaning should be turned into a good tradition.
7. Add labels or icons to storage areas to help keep everything in your garage or workshop as organized as possible.