Modern high-quality digital television has entered our lives — now almost every home has the latest TVs, many of which are equipped with Smart functions. However, smart technology requires certain skills in handling: it can be difficult to figure out its settings. Often users ask the question: how to set up digital channels on a Samsung TV. The setup algorithm depends on the TV model.
Is it possible to watch a number without a prefix
Many modern TVs, in particular those released after 2011, are equipped with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner. In this case, digital channels will be caught without an external set-top box. To understand if there is such an option in a particular TV model, you should refer to the instruction manual. If it is lost, the official website of the company will help, where you can see its specifications by the model number.
Important! Samsung TVs of the LS, M, Q, H, J, K, F, E series have a built-in tuner and are able to decode a digital signal without additional devices.
If the TV does not have such support, you will have to buy an additional set-top box to receive digital TV. It is inexpensive — about 1000 rubles in the basic version, which suits most users.
The names of the auto adjustment items may differ slightly depending on the series. In general, it goes like this.
- Press the button with the house icon to select Source/TV/OK.
- Again, by pressing the button with the house icon, go to Settings / Broadcasting / OK.
- Then select Auto-tune/Start.
- You should set the desired type of signal: it can be Antenna or Cable (depending on whether TV is caught from the antenna or cable).
- If the signal type was set to Cable, you must additionally set the cable search parameters. To do this, in the list of operators offered by the TV, scroll to the end and click Others.
- Select Digital Channel Search/Full/Scan.
At this stage, the digital TV setup can be considered complete — now the TV will independently search for available channels and store them in memory. If necessary, they can be sorted in an order convenient for the user.
Attention! If you have lost channels, then you need to tune the frequencies using a special CAM module, which is activated in the TV menu.
After completing all the digital television setup items, visually check the quality of the transmitted signal. If for some reason the TV channel is not activated, go through all the points again.
Algorithm for manual channel tuning
Manual search is used if the automatic search for some reason did not satisfy the user. For example, not all channels were found.
To perform the operation manually, press the Menu button on the remote control and go to Settings.
- Select «Channel» -> item Antenna, which we change to Cable.
- In the «Country» submenu, the system will ask for a PIN code — enter four digits 0. If it is on the list — we put Russia, if not — others or Eastern Europe.
- Next, go to the cable search options section. If it is not in the main menu, then you need to look in the auto settings.
- Here you need to specify the frequencies manually. For terrestrial digital TV, they can be taken on the rtrs.ru website by selecting your location on the map and the nearest repeater. The frequencies of cable TV providers should be checked with the operator.
- After that, we start the search by ticking «Full» and «Digital channels». When the automation completes its actions, all configured channels will appear. To save, press the OK button.
Changing the channel list
After searching in automatic mode, all channels that cable TV has are stored, but the system will show only those that you have selected.
Removing unnecessary channels is very convenient. From the on-screen menu, you need to call Settings, the Broadcast section. In the item «Change the channel». Here in the list you can check off unnecessary TV channels and delete them by pressing the Tools button. After the mandatory confirmation of the actions, the channels will be deleted.
You can also move channels. In the same menu item, select the desired channel with a check mark, and use the Tools button to select the Edit item. The channel is moved using the arrows. Finally, click the OK button.
We tried to tell you in great detail how to set up digital channels on various Samsung TVs. If a image quality is mediocre — check the correct connection of the cable from the antenna or its integrity, this will help improve the television signal. You can also try choosing a different antenna. For clarity, here is a video on how to set up digital TV: