In the process of using technology, it is often necessary to find the answer to the question of how to unlock the remote control from the TV. This often happens after it is taken over by pets or young children. The fault may also be an accident when certain of its buttons are arbitrarily pressed. In any case, the problem needs to be solved, and below we will offer options for overcoming the situation when the remote control is blocked.
If the TV does not respond to remote commands, then the first thing to do is check its batteries. Maybe they are just dead or defective. It’s very easy to do this:
- open the battery compartment;
- remove the installed batteries;
- insert similar new batteries.
- check the operation of the remote control.
On a note! It is worth inspecting the battery compartment for the health of the pads. Perhaps they folded back, or traces of oxides formed on them. All this can also lead to the fact that the remote does not work.
If nothing has changed after the events, it’s time to think about how to unlock the TV remote control. You can find a huge number of ways to unlock the remote control. But not every one of them will be effective for a particular model. The best option is to look at the instructions for the TV. Usually there are answers to all common questions. But the book is not always preserved after the purchase of equipment. For this reason, you have to look for the answer yourself.
The manual usually says special code. It will be enough to press this combination on the remote control buttons, and the problem will be solved. If no papers have been preserved, the first thing to think about is how the blocking occurred. By trying to do the opposite, you can make the remote effective in relation to the TV.
There are a large number of options for unlocking the remote control offered by Internet users:
- You should simultaneously press the «P» and «+» buttons. After that, a combination of the same numbers is dialed, for example, 2222 or 5555. Among the common and standard codes, 1234 or 1111 are accepted. After dialing the combination, press «+» again. Perhaps it will be a completely different combination of numbers. There are many options to try.
- After the initial numbers from the first method are pressed, the LED should be on without interruption. In this case, instead of a combination, you can try simultaneously pressing: “Menu” and “+ Channel”, “Menu” and “+ Volume”.
- Sometimes it is enough to hold down one button for about 5-10 seconds. But this method is suitable for a few TV models.
Remember those combinations of numbers that you press! After all, rash actions can only aggravate the situation.
Some models of remotes can be unlocked by simultaneously pressing the «Exit» buttons and the numbers 9 and 1. The option of pulling out the batteries is also suitable, and when they are inserted, the power button must be held down. It is these methods that help to return the remote control to full operation.
What is hotel mode
In some models of television receivers, there is an option called «HOTEL MODE», which translates as «hotel mode». If it is enabled, the equipment will not respond to many remote commands, such as increasing the volume or searching for new TV channels. This is done in order to limit the possible actions of guests in hotels. Thanks to its use, the loud sound from the TV will not disturb other residents. However, in the conditions of a personal apartment or house, the included “hotel” mode will only interfere.
To disable the option, you can use the following recommendation. In Stand-By mode, press the buttons on the Display/Menu/Power remote control in turn. Another variant of the sequence looks like this: Display / Menu / Mute / Power On, and in the menu that appears, select the reset item, press the MENU button. Thereafter equipment needs to be rebooted (turn off and on).
How to remove parental controls
Another option that is often implemented in modern TVs is parental control. It is designed to limit the actions of children: for example, watching banned TV channels, changing system settings. To perform such actions, the TV will ask set pin code.
But sometimes this control plays a cruel joke on the parents themselves: by turning it on and forgetting the code, you yourself may encounter inconvenient restrictions. Resetting the TV settings, namely the password, will help to remove them. Here is the algorithm for LG smart TVs:
- enter the Menu / Settings;
- go to the tab Security / Reset PIN;
- enter any combination of numbers without pressing OK;
- press the channel switching buttons: up twice, then down and up again;
- enter the code 0313 and click OK.
The result of these events should be resetting the pin code to the factory one, that is, four zeros.