According to statistics, a modern person spends up to 5 hours a day in front of the TV screen, and in order to provide the necessary comfort for watching programs, it is necessary to make all the settings correctly. We will look at how to independently tune digital channels on LG TVs and satellite channels that provide high quality broadcasts.
The first step in setting up an LG TV is language setting.
- On the remote control, press the home button (house) and scroll to the side to the tab with an ellipsis (sometimes a gear is drawn).
- The settings menu will open — look for the «general» tab.
- We select the item «language» and find Russian.
The second stage of setup is setting time/date/geographic location.
- By analogy with point 1 of the previous section, we enter the settings.
- Select «date and time» and set the current time and date.
- We go back a step and in the «system» section, open the «country» tab, select Russia.
Important! These parameters should be specified correctly, since the possibility of using some functions depends on the correctness — for some regions something may not be available.
Digital channel tuning
You can tune channels in LG TV manually or automatically. Autosearch is very simple and is done as follows.
- In the settings section (opened with the “home” or “house” button on the remote control), we are looking for the “channels” tab.
- We select auto search and indicate the type of signal — digital or analog. In 2020, the first option is relevant.
- Click «start search».
- We are waiting for the end of the procedure and save the result.
The list and numbering are generated automatically — if desired, it can be corrected later.
Manual search is a little more difficult. For residents of a remote area, you should first go to the official website of Russian digital TV — map.rtrs.rf. Here, in the «search» line, you need to enter the name of your locality and make sure that it is in the broadcast area. If everything is in order, then the procedure is as follows.
- In the settings section, you need to open «channels» and select «manual search».
- The connection type will appear in a new window, you need to specify «cable».
- If the region was previously set correctly, a window will appear in which data for the search is entered. Frequency search — from 247000 to 770000, modulation — 256, LD — automatically. These are the parameters for searching in the Russian Federation, in other countries they are different.
- Next, you should not forget to check the box «skip scrambled channels».
- It remains only to start the scan and wait for the end of the procedure and save the result.
This method will help residents of remote areas where autosearch may not find or find not all free channels.
Setting up IPTV
Modern LG Smart TVs allow you to watch TV via the Internet. To do this, you will need to conclude an agreement with the provider and set up the TV. Beforehand, the device connects to the Internet, wired or via Wi-Fi — it does not matter. After that, do the following.
- Using the remote control, you need to enter the store — «LG Smart World».
- If you don’t have an account, then you need to create one.
- In the application search bar, you need to enter the abbreviation IPTV.
- From the proposed list, you should choose any program, the most convenient is considered Simple Smart IPTV.
- After installation, a code will appear that must be entered in the appropriate window (it will appear when you open the utility for the first time).
- Next, open the playlist editor and enter the received playlist from the provider. You can find a free option on the Internet, but often they are not working, or not all channels are available. The playlist can be in the form of a file (it will have to be opened from a USB flash drive) or in the form of an Internet link, then the address is simply entered in the appropriate window in the editor.
- After loading the playlist, a list of channels that it contains appears. Save it and click on «update».
LG TV models can broadcast satellite channels — the image will be of very high quality if the user correctly performs the necessary steps, according to the instruction manual. Satellite channels are tuned after installing the antenna on a pre-prepared place — this is a spacious loggia for houses with superior comfort or a balcony in an ordinary apartment building. This choice is not accidental: there must be constant free access to the satellite television antenna for the necessary adjustment of its position. It can be installed independently, but after a mandatory consultation with a specialist in charge of satellite TV from the nearest service center.
Important! In order to safely watch channels from satellites in any region of Russia, a digital tuner must support the DVB-S2 standard.
Here is an approximate instruction on how to set up satellite TV on your Lg TV yourself.
- We insert the antenna cable into the connector on the tuner, and connect the product to the television receiver. On the remote control, press the Settings key, we get to the main menu -\u003e the item «Channels» -\u003e OK.
- A pop-up window opens —> program mode —> OK. In the list that opens, check the box next to Satellite —> OK on the screen and control panel.
- Enter the Satellite field -> select EUTELSAT 36 A/B 36.0 E -> OK.
- We go back and enter the frequency for 2-band converters — 9750/10600, and for 1-band converters, respectively, 10750.
- We turn on the power.
Can tune manually — enter the section digital (satellite) TV -\u003e then «Transponder» -\u003e add, enter the necessary parameters -\u003e OK. Next, set up all the transponders in the same way. If at the same time the network of Russian operators was determined immediately, then we set the auto search. When setting up, you need to specify which channels to receive — only digital or also local broadcast TV channels in order to watch regional programs.
Automatic installation lasts no more than 10 minutes, then the new list can be sorted, removing or keeping the installed channel at your personal discretion.