Many owners of TV from the Samsung brand cannot always quickly and easily figure out the features of setting up a new device, especially when it comes to Samsung Smart TV, which is worth buying for all fans of modern technology. Do not think that setting up a Samsung TV can cause a lot of problems — in fact, this process does not take much time, especially if you know exactly what needs to be done in each case. In any case, you need to use the instructions or find all the necessary information in advance, which this article will be devoted to.
Modern TVs do not need to purchase additional devices to watch digital broadcasting — they already have a built-in tuner. In addition, the setup process here has been brought almost to automatism; no special knowledge is required from the user. How to do this is described below, but there may be differences in the algorithm for different models and generations of TV. However, in general, everything is similar and you can understand it without difficulty.
Auto channel search
Automatic search is the easiest and most suitable option for most users to set up TV channels.
- Using the remote control, we enter the TV settings and select «broadcast».
- Select «auto-tuning».
- We mark «cable» as the source of translation.
- Specify the type of channels — only digital ones are needed.
- In the search mode menu, you should select the full option to find TV and radio channels.
- Click on «scan» and wait for the end of the procedure. If for some reason the search should be stopped, then you need to select the “stop” button on the screen.
- At the end of the search, the result should be saved and the signal quality checked. If some channels do not show, it is recommended to repeat the procedure again.
In most situations, auto-search is fully justified, but if something went wrong, then you can manually configure it.
- We enter the «broadcast» section. You can find it in the device settings.
- Select «manual setting».
- Specify the cable connection in the «antenna» submenu.
- Region: «Russia». In rare cases, «Eastern Europe» is set.
- If the TV asks for a verification code, then Samsung’s standard options are four «0», four «1» or «1» to «4».
- It remains to specify the frequencies by which the search will be carried out. For terrestrial digital television, they can be found on the rtrs.rf website by selecting the required settlement on the interactive map.
- Specify the type of channels — «digital».
- We start the search and wait for the end of the procedure.
- We save the result, if the channels were not found, then the setting should be repeated.
How to set the channel order
By default, the TV saves all found channels, but if some are not needed and interfere, then they can be removed from the list or blocked so that the device simply skips them when switching. To do this, you need to enter the «broadcast» menu, open the «dispatcher» and mark the channels to be blocked. To delete them, you need to use the Tools menu, a special button is provided for it on the remote control.
If a the device is equipped with smart functions, then you need to enter SmartHub using the remote control. In the window that appears with the list of channels in the upper right part of the screen there is an «edit» button that allows you to delete or block unnecessary broadcasts.
To block TV shows on a specific channel, for example, inappropriate content for children, you should enter the «broadcast», find the «block channels» submenu and, having selected the one you need, click on it. An additional menu will appear in which you should click «program lock». We select unnecessary ones, enter a password (it is better to specify one that you will not forget). With it, you can unlock the transmission, if necessary. If you need to mark such a block, you need to do everything in reverse order.
Setting up the Internet via a wired connection
Smart TVs can be connected to the Internet by wire or wireless. In the case of using a wire, two options are possible.
- Direct connection. The provider cable is directly inserted into the TV. It works only if you do not need to configure it to access the network, that is, you do not need to enter a login, password and server address.
- Connection via router. A router is used as an intermediate link. This connection is more convenient, so it is suitable for any network.
The setup procedure is given for the TV series N, M, Q, LS, as they are the most relevant and common on the market.
- The cable of the provider or from the router must be inserted into the LAN connector on the back of the TV.
- On the remote control, press the “home” button (“house” icon) and enter the device settings.
- In the «general» item, set «network» and «open network settings».
- Next, you should specify the type of network, in this case it is a cable.
- An automatic connection will take place, after the window with the corresponding message appears, click on “ok”, and you can start using the smart functions of the TV.
Advice! If the connection does not occur, then it is worth rebooting the router, first disconnecting it from the power supply, and also reconnect the cables. If this does not help, then you should contact the provider.
When it comes to how to set up a Samsung TV, the picture is also worth paying attention to. This can be done in the easiest way using the remote control. Often the picture on the screen may seem too dark or light — in order to get the desired color, you need to go to the color rendering settings. You will need to open the Service Menu using the button above and select the Image section, then go to the menu with the appropriate parameters.
- With Contrast, you can set the ratio between the brightest and darkest image.
- Clarity helps you adjust the sharpness of an image.
- The Brightness command allows you to make an image brighter or noticeably darker.
- An option called Color helps to make colors more saturated or lighter, as well as switch to black and white mode.
Correctly adjusted color rendering mode is very important, because the perception of the image depends on it.
There is also an additional and very handy option that allows you to reset the image completely in case you can’t fix it after changing several settings.
Easily customizable and properly installed sound is just as important as the image. To do this, you also need to go to the Service menu, in the Settings section and select the Sound item. It is in this section that you can choose the quality and method of sound transmission.
It is also worth noting that many modern models are equipped with additional optionssuch as equalizer, Dolby function and surround mode. The speaker system of each Samsung TV model has individual features that you should pay attention to, since the sound quality and the overall impression of it will depend on their correct settings. You also need to know how to properly configure the Samsung Smart TV interface — access to all the multimedia functions provided, in particular, to connecting to the Internet, will depend on this.