By purchasing a modern TV of a popular brand, everyone hopes to enjoy the operation of technology. Management should be as simple and clear as possible, good image quality, a modern acoustic system, the ability to watch videos from Internet resources. To be able to use the provided functionality of the TV, it is necessary to properly start the device. How is Sony TV set up?
Which Sony TV models support digital broadcasting
Almost all the latest TVs released by Sony have a built-in digital converter that supports all modern broadcasting standards. However, some Sony Bravia models made after 2014 can only work with the DVB-T format, which is outdated and almost not used in modern television. In this case, for the correct operation of the TV, you will have to additionally purchase a digital set-top box.
You can find out for sure about DVB T2 support from the user manual. If the instructions for the TV are lost for some reason, then it can be easily found on the Internet. It is enough to know exactly your TV model. However, this method can take quite a while. To speed up the process, you can go to the website of a major seller of household appliances and enter your TV model in the search. Then, from the proposed options, find the card of the desired model. The fastest way is to use Yandex.Market. All the main parameters of any model of equipment are indicated there.
Automatic channel search
This method is the easiest way to tune digital channels. It does not require the input of specific technical data that is difficult for most viewers to understand. The described steps are universal, but some points may differ depending on the Bravia model. Before starting the setup, it is worth clarifying the exact procedure for your Sony TV model.
The procedure is as follows.
- Go to the TV menu.
- Find the «Settings» item.
- Next, you need to find the item «Digital configuration». The name on different models may vary.
- In the menu that appears, look for the button «Auto search for stations».
- Depending on whether you have an antenna or a cable connected, you should select the necessary menu items: air or cable.
- When you select an ether, an auto-search for channels will immediately begin.
When search for cable channels after the above steps, you will have to select a couple more menu items.
- Select an operator from the suggested list.
- Then specify the full scan type. There is also a quick way, but you need to choose it if you know the exact frequency of the provider.
- Check all entered parameters and start scanning.
Manual program search
There may be a situation in which the auto-search of channels will not give results. This is very rare, but it does happen sometimes. In such a situation, you will have to resort to manual channel search. This method has several advantages: you can see signal strength and quality. This will allow you to fine-tune the picture quality.
- Select «Digital Settings» from the menu.
- Instead of automatic search, click «Manual».
- Next, select the frequency and number of the TV channel.
- Enter multiplex values.
- If the antenna has an amplifier, then it should be turned on.
- Find and select Scan.
- If the signal turned out to be weak, then you need to twist the antenna to the highest possible result in quality.
- Save the values and move on to setting up the next channel.
Advice! Multiplex values can be found on the RTRS website. Each settlement has its own values, they must be found on a special map.
How to connect a digital set-top box
As mentioned above, some Sony TVs do not support modern TV broadcast formats. To fix this problem, you will need a special device — a digital tuner. Analog TV broadcasting is almost a thing of the past, and therefore it is worth thinking about a complete transition to digital, so that at some point in time you will not be left without your favorite TV channels.
A digital tuner is also able to turn an old TV into a modern Smart TV model. To do this, choose prefix for android. It has its own software. With this option, the TV will only serve as a screen, and the set-top box will allow not only watching TV channels, but also connecting to popular Internet services (YouTube, Skype, social networks, etc.)
To connect a digital tuner, follow the steps below.
- Connect the antenna cable to the set-top box.
- Connect digital tuner to TV. Here it is better to use an HDMI cable, but if there is no such connector, you can use the usual «tulips».
- Using the «Input» button, select the signal source on the TV — the input to which the digital set-top box is connected.
- After all the operations done, start searching for TV channels using a digital tuner.
Looking for channels on Sony Trinitron
Many people have a question about how to set up TV channels on a Sony Trinitron TV. If the model was purchased new, and the remote control was included, then the search for TV channels is carried out as follows.
- 2 buttons are pressed at once, located under the key with the red arrow pointing up and the button with the arrow to the right.
- When a new window appears on the display, you must hold the up arrow button with the volume key. Pressing «+» or «-» starts automatic setup on the Sony TV.
If the TV was inherited without a remote control, or a used version was purchased, you can download the instructions on the official website and install using the buttons on the equipment panel, as well as purchase and configure the Sony universal remote control.