The modern beauty industry is somewhat similar to a supermarket. Injections and a Botox effect cream will help you instantly rejuvenate, and an express exit procedure will give your face the desired glow before the party. The concept of slow beauty stands apart from modern cosmetology. We tell you why you should know about it.
What is slow beauty, or «slow beauty»
Slow beauty is not even a trend, but a philosophy. She proclaims a conscious approach to skin care and slow but sure results. The concept is based on the principles of Ayurveda, which presuppose a comprehensive system of beauty and health care.
By sticking to slow beauty, you turn skin care into a ritual. Time out for yourself will help you relax and gain strength, and your skin will remain beautiful and healthy. Supporters of the concept of «slow beauty» believe that this approach has a positive effect on the emotional background, helps to get rid of anxiety and relieve stress. Agree, it is very important in conditions of constant lack of time and rest.
Principles of slow beauty
The main thing is health and well-being. You need to get enough sleep and eat right. A healthy, balanced diet will improve the condition of the skin better than the most expensive cream.
Self care is fun. Therefore, you need to take care of yourself regularly and consistently.
Pay attention to the inner world. Enjoy every minute spent alone with yourself.
Don’t fuss. Why run when you can stop and analyze the situation thoughtfully.
Natural beauty. Do not chase the standards of beauty imposed from the outside. It is important not to be ashamed of yourself and preserve, and not embellish what nature has given.
How to make self-care more conscious
Simple tips to help you rethink your habits and make life better:
1. Master meditation and breathing practices. It is not necessary to spend hours studying various techniques — just install the application on your phone and spend 15 minutes a day on it.
2. Try yoga. Start with the simplest asanas, and then, perhaps, you will get involved and switch to more complex exercises.
3. Organize SPA days (eg with the POLEZZNO SPA series). Make a face mask and take a fragrant bath with Epsom salts and essential oils. When finished, use a scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells and leave skin soft and smooth.
4. Review your diet. Drink enough water and try to eat a balanced diet. Formulas for the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates will help to create a competent menu (here is the average version: proteins — 15-20%; fats — 30%; carbohydrates — 55-60%).
5. Disassemble the makeup bag. Should you keep five mascaras and a collection of creams for all occasions? Do you really need the toner you last opened last year? By getting rid of unnecessary things, we free up space and learn to enjoy what we have.
6. Refrain from spontaneous purchases. The second logical step after you review your makeup bag. Sometimes we buy something new just because it says «Sale» and the price crossed out. Refraining from impulsive buying is difficult, but possible. Try not to immediately run to the checkout or place an order. Take a short pause and consider if this product is really what you need and if it is right for you.
The concept of slow beauty is not only about skin care, but also about a more conscious attitude towards self-care. The philosophy of «slow beauty» is opposed to express procedures and offers to look at familiar things from a different angle. We hope our simple tips will help you with this. And to make self-care even more enjoyable, use the POLEZZNO SPA collection. The series includes masks, scrubs and fragrant bath salts. Choose what you like best.