If a child is used to sleeping with his parents from birth, then it will be difficult for him to give up this habit. But there comes a time when a beloved child must be taught to sleep in his own bed. We are happy to share tricks and secrets on how to implement our plans.
How to avoid tears
With parents, the baby feels safe, so he has no desire to part with them for the night. To make the process painless, you should adhere to the following rules.
- Accustom the child to a new sleeping place gradually, having gained more patience. At first, you need to be near the little one until he falls asleep and hold his hand.
- If the child categorically does not want to fall asleep in the children’s room, use the life hack — an extra bed. You can put it next to your own and the child will gradually get used to sleeping separately.
- Let the little owner choose the blanket, sheet and pillowcase to his taste. The image of your favorite cartoon characters will be the reason why the baby himself will want to go to a new bed. The bed linen material should be chosen only from natural fabrics, the mattress should be hard, hypoallergenic.
- Follow the daily routine. It is preferable to spend the first half of the day more actively than the second. Excessive activity in the evening will lead to overexcitation of the nervous system. As a result, the child may begin to act up. And you may not be able to find a compromise with an overworked baby.
- Daytime sleep is required. During daytime sleep, put the child in his bed. If this is not done, the child will be tired and will not be able to sleep peacefully.
- Getting ready for bed should be accompanied by a whole ritual, which includes: bathing, favorite pajamas, a bedtime story and a lullaby.
- The included night light will save the baby from various fears.
- A comfortable microclimate should be created in the children’s room: air temperature — 18-20 degrees, humidity — 50-70%. Before laying it is necessary to ventilate the room.
- For a feeling of warmth and tranquility, it is worth buying a soft toy that the baby can hug.
Most likely, at the beginning it will be difficult: you will have to face misunderstanding and resistance of the child. Adults will have to be persistent. Please note that the later you start to teach the child to sleep separately, the more difficult it will be to do it. Bedtime rituals The process of going to bed should be turned into an exciting and interesting process so that the child looks forward to its onset. To do this, use the following recommendations.
- Dinner should be light. For a comfortable sleep, you should not overeat.
- Bathe your baby at the same time every day. Diversify the process with calm and relaxing games.
- Prepare your favorite pajamas, the color of which the child chose himself. Pajamas with favorite characters will definitely please the child and he will wait for the moment when he can put it on as soon as possible.
- Read books before going to bed, tell funny stories that will be interesting to listen to. Let the child take part in choosing a fairy tale or story.
- At the end of the ritual, sing a lullaby while stroking the baby.
How to choose children’s pajamas for sleep and where to buy Pajamas are essential for a comfortable and restful sleep. It should not stick to the body and cause inconvenience. The material should be selected high-quality so that it absorbs moisture, and does not lose color after washing. There should be no rough seams inside the product to prevent skin friction during sleep.
Pajamas made of thin 100% cotton are breathable, do not cause allergies and are very pleasant to the touch. Each season has its own pajamas: lighter ones for the summer and more dense materials for the winter season. To make the child feel comfortable, pajamas should not hinder movement.
From 2-3 years old, babies have a desire to take part in the choice of clothes. By this age, they already have favorite colors and patterns that they want to see on clothes. So, if you want your child to happily expect going to bed, then you should consider this fact.
A reasonable question arises — where to buy high-quality, comfortable and at the same time original sleepwear. «Mini Club» will gladly come to the rescue. We offer a wide range of children’s sleepwear at the most affordable prices. Beautiful pajamas are available for both babies and teens.