The skin during pregnancy, along with other systems of the female body, undergoes changes. The waiting period for a baby can be a difficult test for the skin, often expectant mothers complain of dryness and flaking. The most affected skin is on the abdomen, thighs and sides, that is, in places of greatest tension, as well as on the face. Is it possible to get rid of the unpleasant feeling of tightness and maintain healthy looking skin? Hundreds of women who are expecting a baby are looking for the answer to this question. With careful care, of course, you can give your skin beauty, radiance and elasticity.
What are the causes of dry skin?
Dry skin is usually associated with increased production of the female hormone estrogen. Because of them, the skin becomes dry, sometimes flaky. In addition, dryness becomes a consequence of dehydration. During pregnancy, a significant part of the fluid is spent on maintaining the health of body systems that are important for the natural development of the fetus. Also, the skin during pregnancy can suffer due to changes in hormonal levels. Therefore, it is advisable to properly moisturize and nourish the skin, drink enough water, but with caution. When it comes to drinking, you should definitely consult your doctor, as too much water is also not good, which often leads to swelling.
What else can cause dry skin? Of course, her diet directly affects the skin condition of the expectant mother. See if your daily menu contains foods with sufficient nutritional content? What about junk food? If your diet is not varied and balanced enough, then your skin will signal this, dryness, itching, peeling will appear.
The negative influence of external factors, such as the winter period, dry indoor air, is not excluded. However, do not panic, as dry skin is natural during pregnancy and does not adversely affect the baby. But it delivers a lot of unpleasant symptoms to the expectant mother. Proper care with the use of cosmetics will help to cope with temporary cosmetic problems.
How to deal with dry skin during pregnancy?
By following a few simple rules and recommendations, you can eliminate discomfort and restore freshness and health to your skin.
1. Purification. As for the skin of the face, it must be cleansed. It is recommended to do this with the help of special cosmetics, combined with washing with cool water. It is enough to do this once or twice a day. Eliminate soap from your cosmetics, especially household, tar, which greatly dry the skin.
2. Nutrition and recovery. Dry skin during pregnancy needs additional substances that will nourish it. To combat dryness and malnutrition of the skin, various moisturizing and nourishing products are used. It can be creams, ointments, gels, oils, both factory-made and home-made. Nourishing the skin, these products increase its elasticity and resistance to external factors.
3. Complete, balanced food. As mentioned above, an important role in maintaining the beauty of the skin of the face and body is played by the right diet. In addition, a good, sound sleep will help maintain skin tone and the proper level of moisture.
4. Dry skin on the face does not like the abundance of decorative cosmetics. Try at least during pregnancy to minimize its use, especially foundation and powder.
5. Dry skin on the body it will be less felt if shower gel and soap are not used during water procedures, and special body oils are used after bathing.
6. To eliminate dry skin during pregnancy, essential oils are often used. However, they should be used with caution, since not all essential oils can be harmless to the unborn baby. To avoid this risk, you can use quality factory-made products specifically designed for prenatal skin care.
Bio-Oil® for dry skin during pregnancy
On the surface of our skin there is always a thin water-fat film that lubricates the skin and retains moisture in it. But under the influence of negative factors, the protective water-fat film becomes thinner, which leads to loss of elasticity, dryness, flaking, and the appearance of wrinkles.
Bio-Oil® cosmetic oil is excellent for dry skin care during pregnancy. When applied to the skin, it forms an additional protective film that retains moisture and prevents its excessive evaporation. Bio-Oil® Oil Base is an oil-based suspension infused with plant extracts and vitamins. The special ingredient — PurCellin Oil™ — provides a light, fast-absorbing texture. That is why the protective film that forms on the surface of the skin does not look greasy and does not stain clothes.
The composition of Bio-Oil® includes vegetable components:
- Lavender oil — stimulates blood circulation, promotes the formation of new cells, disinfects;
- Calendula oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, actively regenerates the skin;
- Rosemary oil has an analgesic and disinfecting effect, is used in the treatment of burns, bruises, abscesses;
- Chamomile oil — relieves irritation and inflammation, has a healing effect, stimulates blood circulation, relieves inflammation.
- Vitamin A (retinol) — according to a number of studies, stimulates the production of collagen, which provides skin elasticity.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that has the ability to protect cell membranes and prevent their oxidation.
The combination of active plant ingredients and vitamin complex allows you to restore damaged skin cells and stimulates blood circulation. As a result, dry and dehydrated skin regains health, freshness and radiance. Apply the oil twice a day on the skin of the face and body with light massaging movements.
So, proper and regular care for dry skin during pregnancy will save the expectant mother from discomfort, discomfort, and the problem of dryness will not only disappear, but will not remind you of itself after childbirth.