How to choose a kitchen faucet so that it serves us for a long time and with high quality? First of all, it is an important element of the plumbing system. At the same time, the evolution of such equipment is quite fast. Modern faucets (more on examples below) offer more and more options that are sometimes worth using.
Of course, in our time it is very important how the kitchen faucet looks and whether it fits into the interior. But first, make the necessary measurements for your future faucet — the height, width, length of the spout.
Fashion is also important — currently the stand-up kitchen faucet is leading the way in popularity. However, in practice it is worth paying attention to such elements as:
- water flow control,
- nose type,
- spout range,
- additional features and enhancements (e.g. touchless faucets, aerator),
- the material from which the basin faucet is made and its quality,
- type and degree of complexity of the assembly.
Which type of spout to choose to maximize the comfort of using the mixer? Choose an item that goes well with your kitchen sink. Its height is also very important. Too low or too high a faucet will either make it difficult for us to direct large kitchen utensils under the jet, or splash onto the floor. Only in the case of a very deep sink, a tall stand-alone faucet can be a good solution.
Of course, the design of the faucet must be combined with the sink. The spout in kitchen faucets can be very functional — faucets with a pull-out or flexible spout will be an interesting solution.
Single lever or double lever kitchen faucet?
Kitchen faucets can also be single lever or double lever. The kitchen faucet with two handles is a faucet with two taps to control the temperature of the water. In the case of a single handle, we can regulate the temperature of the water with one hand. This makes it more practical.
Types of kitchen faucets — 6 interesting tips
Which faucet do you recommend? Of course, more than one specific model can be ideal in the kitchen, but it is worth highlighting 6 interesting types of mixers:
- Mixers with a filter for drinking water. Suitable for those who do not want to install a separate faucet for filtered water. I recommend a mixer with a GROFFE filter — https://www.wildberries.ru/catalog/94538107/detail.aspx?targetUrl=GP. The spout rotates 360 degrees, which allows you to direct the flow of water to any part of the sink.
- A touchless faucet is a type of very modern faucet that keeps up with the times. There is no need to press any buttons or turn the taps — a jet of water appears when an object is detected at an appropriate distance. What is the advantage of such a product? Firstly, such a model is much easier to keep clean. The jet of water thanks to the sensors can also significantly improve the work in the kitchen when preparing food.
- A mixer with a heater — in this case, water can be brought to a boiling point without any additional devices. This is certainly very practical, although you must be careful not to accidentally burn yourself with the boiling water from the hot stream.
- The thermostatic faucet is equipped with two knobs for easy water pressure adjustment.
- Stylized kitchen faucet. The mixer does not have to be boring, i.e. black or metallic. There are colorful kitchen faucets on the market that are sure to find their fans.
- Mixer swivel 360 degrees. Here you can recommend such a model of Groffe mixers https://www.wildberries.ru/catalog/61188115/detail.aspx?targetUrl=GP. The sink faucet is equipped with a 360-degree swivel spout, which gives you flexibility and the ability to direct the water jet to any point in the sink — especially effective if you have two sinks in your kitchen. This model with a built-in filter traps particles of impurities, and an aerator mixes water with air for even supply and better washing of kitchen utensils. Ergonomic and smooth handle — the sink faucet switch provides quick mixing of water flows to reach the desired temperature.
Kitchen faucets GROFFE — quality and reliability