We tell you how to dry sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases without ironing.
- When washing, fill the drum with laundry no more than 2/3 — thanks to this, the laundry will not wrinkle much in the machine and stretch well.
- Check the label. You need a square — it is this symbol that indicates the rules for drying and spinning. It might look like this:
- Take out the laundry as soon as the washing machine finishes the program. Do not leave clothes in the drum for a long time, otherwise the laundry will acquire a specific smell and be very wrinkled.
- Remove the washed laundry one item at a time and immediately smooth it with your hands. To do this, you can use the top of the washing machine: fold the laundry neatly, put it on the washing machine and smooth out the wrinkles with your hands.
If you have washed your laundry by hand instead of using a washing machine, make sure the items are wrung out well before you hang them up. Otherwise, there is a risk that water will leave stains on the fabric.
- The dryer on which you will hang your laundry is best placed in a well-ventilated room, so things will dry faster. Not suitable for this bathroom (too humid) and kitchen / dining room (things will absorb odors). It is best to dry clothes at room temperature and in a draft.
Pillowcases, mattress covers and duvet covers are best washed and dried inside out. This will allow time to remove accumulated dirt, fluff and feathers in the corners.