One of the important problems that the owner of a cat or dog who loves his pet and is not indifferent to the aesthetics of his interior faces is finding beautiful products for his pet. Indeed, pets are family members and goods for them are actually part of our interior. There are brands that understand this and create thoughtful, interior design products for cats and dogs. Pettel is definitely one of them.
Pettel is a Russian brand founded by industrial designer Olga Shvetsova. Wildberries showcase their best-selling collection of TORRE bowls.
Solid ash wood, minimalistic, recognizable at first sight design, handmade, unique texture and shade — all this is about TORRE bowls.
The work of the guys from Pettel is unhurried: firstly, the key part of the design of the product is being machined — a stand made of solid ash. The wood for the coaster is selected by texture, combining the veins of the wood so as to get a beautiful pattern of the layers of the bowl. When gluing, the carpenter remembers that the layers should be folded perpendicular to each other — this way the construction is very strong, the tree will not lead from temperature changes and humidity.
After gluing and turning, the almost finished ash stand ends up in the hands of the finishing master; the surface is sanded by hand, smoothed, coated with ultra-hard, moisture-resistant oil for kitchen utensils (that is, the coating is absolutely safe for animals and people!) and then the procedure is repeated several times until a slight gloss is obtained on the surface.
Under oil, ash wood acquires its incomparable beauty: the main tone is the color of cookies, the veins are all shades of gray-brown. And, of course, small reflections of mother-of-pearl are a characteristic feature of ash.
The removable bowl is made of stainless steel. The bowl is fixed in the groove of the stand, while being freely removed from it.
The bowl can be washed both by hand and in the dishwasher.
I asked the designer — why is the design of the bowl the way it is? What makes it interior? And here is her answer:
1. Ease of use: The most recognizable feature (feature?) of the design is the characteristic horizontal stripes. It is convenient to take a bowl for them and it will not slip out of your hands.
2. The proportions are harmonious and stable — this will please the eye every day, which is important for an object that is part of the home decor.
3. Interior materials — wood and stainless steel. These materials are often found in the interior of the kitchen, and therefore TORRE bowls will perfectly complement it.
There are three sizes to choose from. Here is a short guide from Pettel on how to choose the right size:
Diameter 11 cm, volume 0.2 l.
Cats — kittens older than 5 months, small adult cats (Devon Rex, Burmese, etc.).
Dogs — Chihuahua, York Terrier, Toy Terrier and other decorative dog breeds.
Diameter 13 cm, volume 0.4 l.
Cats — any breeds, except for very large ones.
Dogs — Small French Bulldogs, Spaniels, Butterfly Eared Dogs, Pekingese, etc.
Diameter 15 cm, volume 0.8 l.
Dogs — a beagle, an ordinary French bulldog, a pug, a medium-sized shiba inu, and so on.
Cats are large breeds such as Maine Coon, Caracal, etc.
The opinion of interior designer Xenia Garcia:
I like torre bowls because they fit in almost any modern interior. They are stylish, minimalist and at the same time interesting with their shape and texture of wood.
The combination of materials — wood and metal — is very trendy now (and I’m glad that natural materials are back at their peak, down with plastic). It is eco-friendly, durable and very beautiful
Take a bowl one size larger for water — multi-level bowls look very advantageous compositionally!
1. Wash the stainless steel bowl by hand or in the dishwasher.
2. Stand made of solid ash — wipe with a dry or slightly damp cloth without abrasive. Try to avoid prolonged contact with water. As a preventive care, you can use a protective polish for wooden surfaces or wax — in this case, the bowl will last for many years.
Design — Olga Shvetsova for Pettel
Photo — Mikhail Stenin
The author of the article is Anton Agafonov